Friday, August 7, 2015

An Awesome Blessing

As I got out of the van Wednesday, I smelled gasoline.  I mentioned it to Mr. B and went on to unload our newest residents here in Goshen, Cheese and Quackers, two ducks from a summer camp.  As it turns out, this gasoline issue is a factory fuel pump problem, which was noted on a recall letter 2 years ago . . .  I got Cheese and  Quackers unloaded and unpenned, then sat down to hear the dreaded news from Mr. B.  He likes dreading life, so I was prepared . . . As it turns out, if a problem develops, all those who have purchased this vehicle are to call the dealership from which the purchase was made.

Thankfully, the dealership of our purchase was allowed to remain in business after the Bail-out, close downs, "cash for clunkers," and downsizing of the Big 3.  As a matter of fact, both the Chrysler and Ford dealerships now sit empty on the opposite corners of the intersection.  Auto manufacturers do not seem to have the same "job security" as Big Pharma . . . yet I digress.  So a quick call was made, and the voice on the other end said bring it in first thing in the morning and DO NOT drive it in the mean time!  With that word of warning, Mr. B shared with me a story of a leaking fuel line that went up in flames rather quickly.  Since it wasn't yet in the carport, I believed it to be wise to park it well away from the house, the tabernacle, and the critters.  A puddle of gasoline had already formed.

The Uplander is still in the shop as I write this Friday morning, but HalleluYah, it made it to the shop without incident.  There is a loaner out front, and the dealership thinks it will be done before closing tonight.  Now, here's where the blessings just poured down and added up!

I met the people with the ducks, Wednesday, about 70 miles from here, then meandered through Carthage, taking the scenic route home with a stop at Braum's.  I had left that morning about 10:30 and arrived home about 3:00.  This dilemma with the Uplander did not happen all those miles from home!  Glory to our Heavenly Father!  I don't have a cell phone and pay phones have all but disappeared; so when I travel, it is a matter of faith.  Something that morning that weighed heavily on me, was the fact that the morning had not gone in the usual manner, and I hadn't spent my usual time in devotions . . . It weighed heavily as I was rushing around to make the meeting time.  I hadn't completely ignored Abba, it was just the morning had little extra distractions . . .  He kept me!   It certainly wasn't based upon my devotion ritual, but His banner.

Since the letter of the recall was two years old and the vehicle itself is a 2008 with 70,000 miles; I wasn't sure how the repair and/or replacement would go.  There is no charge on this part or labor.  Big HalleluYah!
This is not a situation in which I'm saying, "It could have been so much worse . . . although it certainly could have been!"  This is a situation in which "stuff" does happen, and I know that I know, my steps were ordered by Adonai and I was protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment