Thursday, August 13, 2015

Unexpected Timing to Answered Prayer

This week has been, well in a word, interesting.  The timing has been quite unexpected.  The other day, I asked Abba a very direct question.  It was a question, long overdue, but I think my heart just wasn't quite ready to hear the answer, so I opined intellectually and psychologically.  When I asked the question, to be really honest, I just went on with other topics of prayer and found myself literally shocked to tears when the answer came so quickly.  I was driving at the time, and was within a mile of my destination when the answer came.  I had asked a question of Abba, and I figured the answer would come when reading my Bible or in my own stillness.  There have been only a few times, when I heard Abba's voice like a bolt out of the blue while driving and those times are memorable.

Unfortunately, this particular answer, although somewhat expected; was not one I really wanted to hear just minutes before being in a public place.  Isn't it interesting how we want to hear from G-d, we want to know that we know, then when He does answer right away, we aren't ready for the answer?  We know His sheep hear His voice.  Once I cried through and calmed down, I was truly thankful to be able to hear Him and to have heard Him so quickly.  Now, in my usual humanness, I hope for more of this, His voice that is.  As I had my Psalm 6:6 experience that afternoon and evening, I was blessed to realize I needed this information and I'm so thankful He's allowed me to have it.
I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.  Psalm 6:6

The next day, I got to hear Him again, only this time it was something that brought a smile.  All summer I've been watching Craigslist for milkers and they simply are not in abundance or they are miles away in other states.  It could be everyone is planning to hunker down and be ready to be self-sustaining.  Milk goats are just not plentiful this year.  I decided to keep one of the spring bucklings for a herd sire, so I couldn't keep the doelings . . . I've got a couple of girls that are getting on up in age, so I've been watching for just a couple.

The other evening I went to the goat auction, but knew a friend was going to be there also, and he'd already told me what he was looking for.  Abba had told me to not bid on the first one I thought was a good one.  He said my friend was such a gentleman, if he saw me bidding, he'd stop.  Sure enough the first one I saw that was bid-worthy now belongs to my friend.  He graciously shared some milk with me and it is delicious.  So, back to what I heard Monday.  A gentleman had just posted on Craigslist his downsizing a working milk herd.  There were a number to choose from.  As it turned out, they were just over in the next county and both girls are beautiful, adjusting nicely, and producing well.  They are both less than four years old, so they should be love assets to the Land of Goshen for some time to come.  I knew, I needed to have a herd of 12 to be ready, and as of Monday, there are 10 nannies and two young bucks.  Within 24 hours, I had two answers.  I'm so glad I rejoiced in hearing Him, even when the news wasn't good.  I'm sure if I had become angry in the first answer, I'd have never heard the second one.      

No comments:

Post a Comment