Sunday, November 8, 2015

Serious Consideration

As folks are realizing, it's probably time to start getting serious about being self-sustaining.  I really don't like that term "self" sustaining because it is YHWH who makes provision for His children.  Even though I began the homesteading life a decade ago, I'm still considering a few matters, myself.  If I saw the vision correctly, others will be coming here, some to move here to be a part of a ministry team, and some just for a season, to be ministered to.

Suddenly, the request I made in that upper room nearly 21 years ago makes even more sense today than it did, then.  When I first entered Covenant or truly made the commitment to follow Messiah, then received the Holy Spirit, I was bold in my immaturity.  I confessed my inability to assess circumstances and intentions wisely, and asked for the "gift of discernment."  Abba did grant my request.  I knew I received that gift, for two reasons.  First, my confession of my own lack and second, I immediately was able to get a glimpse of the spirit world.  In the beginning, it didn't happen often, but I could see what I'd never seen before.

I still struggled in the flesh in some areas, particularly with family, so where I tried to manage myself, I was not surrendered to the Holy Spirit, therefore lacked discernment in those areas . . . Hope in the natural amounts to nothing more than "rose colored glasses" which completely hinders discernment.  So those came off about four years ago.  Truth of the matter is, I had simply not wanted to hear or see what was right in front of me.  I wanted it to be different.  Perhaps some day it will be, but for the time being, it is what it is.  My refusal to discern and look clearly did not change reality!  With reality what it is, everywhere; I'm so grateful to have received discernment in more areas of my life.  It's going to be needed through these end of days.

I'm definitely going to have to be able to see and hear who is supposed to be here, as part of the ministry team.  I'm also going to have to be able to discern who is actually seeking YHWH and who is self-serving . . . then there's the reality that some folks really will be a clear and imminent problem to the operation of this place.  I've already been through that twice and it doesn't end pretty, but thankfully, it did end clearly, and before any major damage was done.  I couldn't make that same statement had I not received greater discernment from YHWH.  I did not have the wherewithal in the natural, to see and take the stand I took.  What transpired was accomplished by the grace and power of G-d.

I'm also giving serious consideration to discount all those who are doing nothing and calling it faith.  I can't help but wonder if Noah had a few of those in his circle as well!  At least, since manna hadn't yet happened, he didn't have to hear about "real faith knows G-d will take care of it at the time of the need."  I'll  make this statement here and it will stand as long as digital history is permitted.  The manna ceased when the children of Israel began working the land after crossing the Jordan.  And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.  Joshua 5:12  Since I've been corrected many times regarding my preparedness vs. faith, that will be a deciding factor on who is allowed access to this homestead.  That's not to say those who are preparing elsewhere will not be welcome, as I know, many of us are preparing our various skills and talents to be brought together at the time ordained.  The exclusion applies only to those who are aware of the coming collapse and doing nothing, or worse, speaking against preparing.

Anyone who knows enough Scripture to be making comment in the discussions of the end of days, also knows Messiah said, "It would be as in the days of Noah."  Scripture very clearly states Noah was instructed to "build and prepare."  It also states, there were no late coming passengers or stowaways.
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch . . . And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.  Thus did Noah; according to all that G-d commanded him, so did he.  Genesis 6:14,21-22


No comments:

Post a Comment