Monday, December 14, 2015

The Blessing and Power of Praying Friends

Last week, I posted a very simple statement to my social media site.  "Please pray for me.  Thank you."  I gave no details, no explanation, just typed the request and went on about carrying out the responsibility to which I'd agreed.  As I went about my work, I checked in from time to time and clicked "like" in acknowledgement of the comments, and ultimately gave a bit more information.

The issue was addressed in People of the Preservation, and even though I know that I know, the power was in The Word of YHWH; intercession before the throne by His saints, made a huge difference.  I'm not talking superstition or feelings here, but knowing someone is praying for you, is definitely a reality!  I'm frequently asked to pray for someone and I do that, knowing full well it isn't my words, but YHWH's power that makes the difference, yet He does bless our obedience.  That promise is repeated throughout His Word.

When a person in need or pain seeks an intercessor, they are in obedience.  Messiah said, where two touch in agreement . . . He also said to ask in His Name . . . and James tells us if any are sick, go before the elders.  The book of Acts is filled with mighty acts of the Apostles by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I knew He would hear my prayer and answer it, but at the time I received the news, I certainly didn't know how.  When I typed that simple statement, not only was I blessed, I was humbled and I am sure all those who responded and prayed were blessed for their compassionate obedience as well, or will be.  In reading the responses to my request, I found myself praying a prayer of thanksgiving for each of them.  As I write this, the old southern gospel song is playing in my head, "Will the Circle Be Unbroken."

To be able to stand before a room full of teary eyed images of masculinity and stoicism and fulfill the wishes of the departed to bring laughter in celebration of her life, was nothing short of a miracle for me.  Although I was glad for Aunt Nina, my heart was breaking for her children, grandchildren, and the rest of us who will miss her greatly.  Knowing I'll never, in this life again, hear her say, "I love you," is a very sad fact for me; and even in acknowledging that in the service, not a tear fell from the eyes of this speaker.  That was her final wish and she'd put it in writing.


The victory in that accomplishment can only be attributed to the power of our Creator, through his Son who bore our grief.  

I pray the blessing I received that was truly powerful and overwhelming will be showered upon all those who interceded for me and spend time in their prayer closet interceding for others.  Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment