Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Fragrance of Heaven?

This spring was a bit unusual, following such a mild winter.  In April, so many things were blossoming simultaneously, that are usually a bit more consecutive than congruent.  Then May, it began to balance back out and although a few of the berries were early this year, the strawberries were right on time, with the first of them ready for Mother's Day.



The strawberries are absolutely delicious this year, from my new raised bed.  The real treat, however;  has been the early morning fragrance, as I enjoy the open windows.  The goats have an interesting aroma in the spring and early summer.  There is an air of fresh milk that I find truly appealing, while the bucks are now in the north pasture.  The buck scent is subdued through the kidding season and the kids are still nursing.  The faint scent of fresh milk is not at all overpowering, but just one of the fragrances of spring.  Now, add to that, the smell of strawberries!  That would be enough, but there was more this year . . .  The honey locusts bloomed a bit early and wafted sweetly on the southern breeze.  But wait, that's still not all . . .


Giving all glory to our Heavenly Father, the west lane is now covered, not only in blackberries, but honeysuckle.  The two indigenous plants seem to thrive well in the same general area, so double portion blessing.  It is not only smelling good through May, but I'm thinking late June through mid July, the blackberries will be tasting good as well.



As I've stood at my kitchen window inhaling and embracing every fragrance of spring, I compare it to what heaven must smell like.  I think of how wonderful the Garden of Eden must have looked and smelled . . . and I envision the new earth and the millennial reign.


The fragrances of this year have truly been as close to the scent of heaven as I can imagine.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which YaH hath prepared for them that love Him.  I Corinthians 2:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment